We recently blogged about how you can ‘Invest in Vancouver Floor Safety & Enhance Your Business Success’ – suggesting that ourSafe Solution® Anti-Slip Treatments are used within a variety of businesses, that include:
- Auto Dealerships
- Pool Facilities
- Shopping Malls
That being said; each of these high-traffic business types, and others, can take steps to prevent slips and falls in a business setting. Here’s how.
Steps to Prevent Slip and Falls in a Business Setting
- Keep floors clean and dry: Regularly clean and maintain floors to remove any spills, debris, or obstacles that could cause someone to slip or trip.
- Use proper flooring materials: Use slip-resistant flooring materials in areas where slips and falls are more likely to occur, such as in bathrooms, kitchens, and entryways.
- Properly light walkways and stairways: Make sure that walkways and stairways are well-lit, so that employees and customers can see where they are going.
- Use caution signs: To alert employees and customers of potential hazards, such as wet floors or areas under construction.
- Regularly inspect and maintain equipment: Such as ladders, to ensure that they are in good working condition and do not pose a slip or fall hazard.
- Train employees: On proper slip and fall prevention techniques, such as how to properly clean and maintain floors and how to spot potential hazards.
- Implement an emergency response plan: In case of a slip and fall accident, including procedures for contacting emergency services, rendering first aid, and reporting the incident.
- Regularly review and update policies: To ensure that they are in line with current safety standards and best practices.
Ready to get started? Our floor safety products can help mitigate risk in a wide-variety of areas, including:
- General lobby floor surfaces
- Commercial kitchens
- Swimming pool decks
- Change rooms
- Hotel bathtubs and showers
If you would like to prevent slip and falls in a business setting and invest in the safety of company – click here. Or feel free to contact us by phone 604-802-4027 or email: email@example.com. We look forward to assisting you!
Click to learn about Occupational Health and Safety Regulation Basics and ensure your business meets the criteria.